Rev. Patricia Farris
Rev. Patricia Farris, a native of Phoenix, Arizona, has over forty years experience in local church and campus ministry. A graduate of Harvard Divinity School, she has served local churches in Gardena and Los Angeles, in addition to serving as superintendent of the San Diego District prior to being appointed to First UMC of Santa Monica. Her interests are in preaching, teaching, worship and church renewal.
Her writing has appeared in The Christian Century, Circuit Rider, the Upper Room Devotions and Feasting on the Word. Patricia is Chair of the Board of Trustees of Claremont School of Theology, a member of the Board of Trustees of Willamette University, a member of the Board of Upward Bound House, the Advisory Board of the Every Child Foundation, and the Advisory Council of the Christian-Muslim Consultative Group. She and her husband, David Bremer, Associate Professor at the Otis College of Art and Design, enjoy reading, music, movies and travel. At the heart of her ministry is a love of God’s people and of God’s world.
- Order your copy of Rev. Farris’ recent book Five Faces of Ministry.
- Read Rev. Farris’ Horizons column for First UMC’s church newsletter
- Read Rev. Farris’ profile as the Claremont School of Theology Board Chair
- Read Shine! Light for All People by Rev. Farris
- Read Breaking Through the Stained Glass Ceiling: Women Pastoring Large Churches which includes a dialogue sermon and the Epilogue written by Rev. Farris