Rev. Patricia Farris, a native of Phoenix, Arizona, has over thirty years experience in local church and campus ministry. A graduate of Harvard Divinity School, and a member of the UMC/Episcopal Church Dialogues, she has served local churches in Gardena and Los Angeles, in addition to serving as superintendent of the San Diego District prior to being appointed to First UMC of Santa Monica. Her interests are in preaching, teaching, worship and church renewal. She is a delegate to the 2019 General Conference of The UMC.
Her writing has appeared in The Christian Century, Circuit Rider, the Upper Room Devotions and Feasting on the Word. She is known as a preacher and workshop leader throughout the denomination. Patricia is Chair of the Board of Trustees of Claremont School of Theology, a member of the Board of Upward Bound House and the Advisory Board of the Every Child Foundation. She and her husband, David Bremer, Associate Professor at the Otis College of Art and Design, enjoy reading, music, movies and travel. At the heart of her ministry is a love of God’s people and of God’s world.
- Read: Celebrating Ecumenical Ties: A Foundation Commitment of CST and Bloy House.
- Order your copy of Rev. Farris’ recent book Five Faces of Ministry.
- Read Rev. Farris’ Horizons column for First UMC’s church newsletter
- Participate in the monthly Book Study: Loving God With Our Minds led by Rev. Farris
- Read Rev. Farris’ profile as the Claremont School of Theology Board Chair
- Read Shine! Light for All People by Rev. Farris
- Read Breaking Through the Stained Glass Ceiling: Women Pastoring Large Churches which includes a dialogue sermon and the Epilogue written by Rev. Farris