You’ve asked and we listened! Introducing Village, a new parent group at First UMC – a monthly space for parents raising young children to simply be in community.
It is well understood that happy parents make happy homes and this church community wants just that and is here for you. Much of your time is spent nurturing your children and your family making it very easy to forget to set aside time to nurture yourselves as parents. So come and refresh your overstretched mind, heart, body, relationships, and perhaps even your faith. Below are some thoughts to consider for our first gathering. Feel free to bring other parent friends who might be interested. Open to the community! Childcare and snacks will be provided.
Ask / Listen / Share:
- What are your biggest challenges as a parent?
- What are your greatest joys as a parent?
- What do you wish you had more time for?
- Where in your faith experience do you feel dry or parched?
- In what ways can this church support you as parents and with your family?
Sundays March 8 and 29, 11:15 a.m., Room 203