Welcome to First UMC of Santa Monica!
Friends near and far, welcome to the worship, service, and fellowship of Santa Monica First United Methodist Church. We invite you to visit us on Facebook or here on our webpage to discover all kinds of resources and opportunities for you and your family. This time of Shelter-in-Love can be a time of growing closer to God, family, neighbors, a time of growing in faith and prayer, a time to let music lift our spirits. And also, a time of reaching out and supporting those in greatest need. We look forward to worshiping with you online Sundays at 10 a.m. We welcome you into this community of faith!
- Participate in Sunday 10 a.m. Worship Online – Two options: Participate Live Virtually on Facebook, or you may take part in worship ANYTIME on our website. Participating via Facebook Live gives you the opportunity to connect and say “Hello!” to others in the community during the service through the Comments section. Recordings of past services are located on the First UMC YouTube page.
- Messy Church – Interactive, fun and messy worship opportunities for families of all ages. Click here for details
Sunday Mornings after Worship
- Sunday Zoom Social Hour: Sundays, 11 a.m. via ZOOM
- Get your coffee and donut (or whatever snacks you might have on hand) ready for a post-worship virtual “Coffee Hour” Sundays at 11 a.m. Say hi to some church friends or even make a new one! All are welcome via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/95709897528. Zoom ID: 957 0989 7528 Password: fumc. *Have a computer but no camera? No problem! You can still attend. Contact Sarah Rold (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Fridays for the Sunday gathering
Online Ministries and Other Events
- Check the Red Cross website for Blood Drive opportunities.
- Watch the January Mid-Week Recital on our website, our YouTube page or Facebook.
- Fill out your Stewardship Pledge for 2021 here.
- Sanctuary Open for Prayer (Postponed)
- Sunday School for Kids
- Youth Group on Zoom
- Open Space Young Adult Group
- Men’s Breakfast/Bible Study
- Listening Hearts Women’s Group with Tricia Guerrero, (register here)
- Grief and Graces, with Rev. Keri Olsen Paget (runs through January)
- Interview with John August Swanson and Rev. Patricia Farris
- Read the January Sentinel Newsletter
- Sunday Morning Walks (Postponed )
- Joining a Zoom Call for the First Time? Watch this video
- Not sure how to connect to Facebook? click here, and here
Friends near and far—on the Westside, across the country, and around the world —welcome to the worship, service, and fellowship of Santa Monica First United Methodist Church.
If you are having trouble joining the Sunday online worship service, or other online groups, call the church office Tues-Fri at 310.393.8258, and we will do our best to assist you.