Worship at First UMC
In-Person and Online Worship
Welcome to First UMC of Santa Monica!
Friends near and far, welcome to the worship, service, and fellowship of Santa Monica First United Methodist Church. First UMC is committed to a ministry that touches the lives of people in many significant ways. Through our worship and music, study opportunities, social groups, mission involvement and ministries of care, we proclaim the good news of God’s love for all people. We also work to help make the world a better place in which to live, here in the communities of the Westside and around the world, and eagerly invite your participation in this beloved community. Our church has been a significant presence in the larger Santa Monica community for over 125 years.
All Saints Sunday/White Ribbon Memorial
Each year in our All Saints Sunday worship, we lift up the names of the beloved members of our congregation who have died in the past year and gone home to be with the Lord. We also offer the White Ribbon Memorial, with opportunities to request a ribbon online, and also sign a ribbon before and after in-person worship, now through November 5. We give thanks for their life and life everlasting and pray for God’s comfort and peace for their families.
Sunday, November 5, during 10 a.m. worship
In-Person Worship – Sundays 10 a.m.
We worship on Sundays at 10 a.m. in-person in the Sanctuary each week.
Masks are optional, but always acceptable and welcome. Everyone is strongly encouraged to get your vaccinations and booster shots. If you feel ill, please choose to worship from home online.
Online Worship – Sundays 10 a.m.
We offer several options for participating in online worship. You may join in the service Livestream in real time or later at your convenience on these platforms:
- Facebook and YouTube: Services available 24/7.
- Website: Go to the Livestream page of the website to view the service at 10 a.m. on Sundays. Visit the Sunday Service Archive page for past services
- The First UMC App: To download the app, go to the App Store, search for FirstUMC_SM, accept Notifications from the app.
Sunday Mornings after Worship: In-Person
- There is an informal gathering time in the First UMC Courtyard after worship. Come say “hello” and help yourself to coffee and donuts.
- If you have any questions, call the church office at 310-393-8258, or email us at email@example.com. We welcome you into this community of faith!