The Children’s Ministry at First United Methodist Church of Santa Monica is a community of children, families, and adult volunteers who come together in community to grow in God’s love. See below for the current list of Children and Family Resources. Subscribe to receive the Children and Family (CFM) email directly in your inbox each week.
Email Tricia Guerrero if you have any questions.
We are a dedicated community that takes children’s faith discovery and development seriously and joyfully. The goal of Children’s Ministry is to offer a safe environment where children from birth through Grade 5 and their families can take part in a wide range of opportunities that nurture and encourage spiritual growth for the entire family.
Our children’s ministry is based upon the following values:
We are an inclusive community where each child and family is welcomed and appreciated for their unique gifts and presence in our community.
We are intentional in our efforts to build connections with children and their families, to keep our children connected to the broader church community and to purposely foster healthy relationships with youth and adults.
Together we explore what it means to love God and to love our neighbors through Sunday School, Children’s Church, Faith in Action service projects, Messy Church, Date Night, and more!
For questions or comments, or to simply say “Hi!” please contact Tricia Guerrero, Pastoral Associate for Family Ministries.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 393-8258 ext. 104
Additional Children and Family Resources:
- Subscribe to the Children and Family Ministry Weekly Newsletter – includes a Celebrate Wonder Bible story, reflection and activities through wonder questions, and a family prayer.
- Sunday School from Home – Sunday School is offered in a variety of ways – in the weekly CFM email, on Zoom and in-person. Subscribe to the CFM email to stay updated.
- Participate in the Sunday 10 a.m. In-Person or Online Worship Service (Facebook Live, or on our website)
- Messy Church – Messy Church is an interactive, fun and messy worship opportunities for families of all ages.
- Books with Jamie and Jack, and other videos – view archive.
- Faith in Action – Monthly community service projects.
- Request a Prayer – from Tricia
- Make a Donation – Your continued financial support of the church is now more important than ever. Consider making a donation today.
- Families United Against Racism: Resources and opportunities to learn about and stand against racism as a family.
First UMC takes the safety of the children and youth very seriously. We follow Safe Sanctuaries® practices, which is our commitment to the physical safety and spiritual growth of all of our children, youth, and adults. Read our policy page.
For more information about these safety measures call the church office (310) 393-8258.
Learn more about Youth Ministry.