With the support of the First UMC Church Council, District Superintendent Mark Nakagawa, and Bishop Grant Hagiya, First UMC is looking towards Sunday, September 12th, to launch a new chapter in our life together as an in-person and online worshipping congregation. We will worship in-person in the Sanctuary each week at 10 a.m. Online services are available 24/7.
Responsible reopening is our first priority, always mindful that many of the activities we are excited to resume can actually lead to higher risk for those who have not, or are unable to choose to be, vaccinated, such as young children, immunocompromised people, and cancer patients. We will continue to be mindful and cautious. We care for one another and for everyone, especially the most vulnerable.
The worship service will be 35-40 minutes. After worship there will be time for informal gathering in the Courtyard. Online Coffee Hour will continue to be held at 11 a.m. via Zoom. (Zoom details on the main page of the website).
Guidelines for in-person worship:
- Masks will be required for everyone
- If you are feeling ill, please worship online rather than in-person
- Ushers will guide us to maintain physical distancing in the Sanctuary
- We hope to resume congregational singing at a later date
- Offering Plates will be available in the Narthex to receive tithes and offerings. You may also continue to give online
- We encourage everyone to greet one another with elbow or fist bumps, or with hands pressed together and a small bow, rather than with hugs or handshakes
- Children’s Ministries
- Our Nursery will not be open
- Sunday School will take place in the Preschool playground
God’s Creating Spirit continues to give us life and lead us forward!