It is our philosophy that each child learns naturally through play and exploration in a stimulating environment that promotes physical, mental, emotional, social, creative and spiritual growth. Individual differences are recognized and celebrated as children grow and gain knowledge in all areas of development. It is our commitment to our families to prepare each child to move smoothly to their next level of learning while in a safe, fun, creative and loving environment. We believe that each child’s success depends on strong partnerships between parents, teachers and community. (Adapting current theories of care and education as well as continuous education for parents and teachers to incorporate these practices is essential to the success of our program.)
The Preschool was started in 1948 and over the years has gained the reputation as one of the finest in the city.
First UMC Preschool is more than a school. It is a community of parents, teachers and staff to whom the children’s health, safety and well-being is the highest priority. To that end…
Our Commitment is:
- To treat all as children of God, deserving of unconditional respect, patience and love – regardless of faith or religious practices.
- To make our school a happy, vibrant, fun, energetic, and joyful place.
- To promote and safeguard the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of all.
- To foster a positive, peaceful environment, free from judgment and intolerance.
- To explore, embrace and celebrate our individuality and our differences.
- To treat all with care, cooperation and creativity.
All in accordance with the highest standards of our community and our profession.
Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. Please contact Director Batsheva Spector to RSVP.
Parent Coffee Hour
2nd Wednesdays of the Month – 8:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. in the Courtyard
Enjoy a cup of coffee and meet and greet other parents of the preschool!